Friday, August 29, 2008

It's not easy to write | The Pen, A Paper, and This Keyboard

It's not easy to write continuously, without rest. After an hour, maybe less, I already feel drained of ideas. Maybe I'm not used to really writing yet? I've always wanted to become a very good writer, the greatest writer that I can be. But somehow, maybe I'm just all talk.

Or maybe... maybe it's not really about being able to write continuously. Maybe this is the way I write. I write for an hour, and rest. I'll probably write the next day, or the next few days and continue where I left off. That's what usually happens when I try write.

There are days though that it's so easy to just write. Ideas just pour out. When I'm bored, away from my computer with nothing to do, then I would write. Otherwise, when I'm around my computer, I usually do other stuff.

I'm not the type of person that feels comfortable with typing my thoughts on the keyboard. The quality of writing, for me, is a lot different when I write with a pen and paper, than if I typed on the keyboard. I guess I attribute that to the fact that typing is much faster than writing. In effect, I guess when I type, I miss the pleasure of being able to relish in ideas. I guess this is one of the things that I prefer doing slowly, and typing on the computer just isn't right for setting the pace. Also, there are too many distractions when facing the computer and when connected to the internet. That's also a major factor.

No comments: