Saturday, January 17, 2009

Acobay | Share and Get Involved!

Acobay.com is a new networking site that allows you add content and build your network of friends, hobbyists, and people who share similar interests. It's a social networking website.

Pros. I've tried their website and found that it's very easy to join. You don't have to share your email address, so you don't have to worry about spam or such. The registration is quick and easy, and after you fill in the information, you can immediately use the features of their website.

You can even post stuff regarding your blog or website, just as I did here: http://www.acobay.com/stuff/299745/topic. It's totally free to do so. You can post your hobbies, or anything under the sun as they have hundreds of different categories where you can post your content to.

Cons. One aspect that I think could use some improvement is the way users post their articles. Right now there's no way to format the article. As a web designer, I am aware that there are ready-to-use codes to add formatting functionality so users can easily format their content. I think this would appeal more to users like me, who are particular about the format of what I'm writing. Being able to bold, italicize, align, and use different font size to best match my needs is a great add on.

Conclusion. Despite this, all in all, Acobay is a great website. Thanks Acobay for this wonderful service!

No comments: