Thursday, June 12, 2008

On Caregiver, and Masterfully Done Filipino Movies

Caregiver (Sharon Cuneta) is yet another great movie from the Filipino film industry. I'm a fan of Filipino movie dramas as well, ever since the showing of A Love Story (Aga Muhlach, Maricel Soriano, Angelica Panganiban), I've been looking to more movies from the industry. I wasn't as fond as I am now, but really, I've noticed that the quality of our movies are improving.

Mano Po, Tanging Ina, and even horror and suspense movies are getting better (Maybe with the exception of the first two episodes of the latest Shake Rattle and Roll, the third episode was fine though). I haven't seen Resiklo, but have heard positive reviews about it, so I'm looking forward to watching it too.

I'm also looking forward to URDUJA, the first Filipino full-length animated movie.

Anyway, while browsing for good titles to watch, I came by this blog called Dramaville that reviews good Filipino movies. I'll probably watch those discussed there.

No comments: