Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Goodbye DotA!

Defense of the Ancients (DotA), a Warcraft III Frozen Throne Map, can be such an addictive game, especially when you're connected with other players through the internet using GG Client, or Garena. GG Client? Think of it as having a virtual Local Area Network. It's much faster than Battle Net, and most of the time, there's no delay in the game (once you've successfully 'tunneled' and 'repinged' the host and get a Ping 1) and you can play pretty smoothly.


But really, I can't continue my life playing DotA all day. Sure, there may be good strategies to limiting the time I spend to play, but hell, who am I kidding? The more things I have to do, the more I am inclined to spend my time just playing. And then there's the "Okay, just one more game..." that never fails to convince myself.

So, this is it! I'm clicking the uninstall button. Good bye DotA, hello real world! I'll miss Traxex the Drow Ranger for a while (You've gotten pretty strong from 6.50 and up with your new Ultimate! But good bye Traxex...)

Now what? I'll spend my time to really live my life. :) I've missed a lot of simple pleasures from managing the day between DotA, free lance writing, school, and other stuff. I miss the air outside my home. I should spend more time to give my pets a bath, take a walk around the village at night, walk on my way to school (and back), to take my sweet time waking up, and maybe I'll even study my lessons for a change.

(image is from http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/fan_art/dota_allstars/drow_ranger_moonlight)

No comments: